James Davies | Apr 13, 2023
Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. d/b/a Bublr Bikes
Job Title: Community Engagement Intern
Reports To: Community Engagement Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Position Type: Seasonal
Summary and Objective:
Bublr Bikes is the nonprofit bikeshare operator for the bikeshare equipment located in Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, and West Allis, Wisconsin. Bublr’s mission is to deliver a sustainable, excellent bikeshare system for all.
The Community Engagement Intern will support the Community Engagement Manager in providing extended education and encouragement in the use of Bublr by developing and maintaining partnerships with various institutions, organizations, and other members of the community. Specifically, this role has three primary responsibilities: (1) Promoting and educating the community about the Bublr Access Pass, a free pass that provides unlimited 60-minute Bublr trips for income qualified people living in Milwaukee County; (2) Plan, promote, and hold Savvy Cycling classes, classes where community members can learn more about how to use the Bublr System and ride safely on city streets; and (3) customer service.
Given that Bublr is a small, local, nonprofit it is also important that potential applicants are passionate about bikeshare, love their work, and are willing to pitch in as a team member when the organization needs “all hands-on deck.” During particularly busy peak summer weekends, we may all help cover the overflow of operational tasks to help perpetuate the desired user experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support Bublr’s educational and promotional events.
- Work with the Community Engagement Manager to evolve community outreach initiatives and programming.
- Build and strengthen community relationships to increase Access Pass use.
- Assist with customer service tasks including responding to customer questions, fulfilling passes, and updating records.
- Weekend and evening work will be required for the successful completion of these tasks.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a complete list of every task, activity, or responsibility that may be required for the Development Director. Other tasks, activities, or responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Bublr Bike’s mission.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse external stakeholders.
- Comfort working in a small, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Flexible and resourceful working style.
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Fluency in Spanish or Hmong.
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee may be required to repeatedly lift a Bublr Bike. The employee may be required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics include working in an open office environment that is shared with staff engaged in mechanical work, and outdoors. Local travel may be required. High level of public contact. Work may include high volume or tight deadlines.
Internal Contacts: Community Engagement Manager, Lead Creative, Executive Director, Operations Staff.
External Contacts: Public, Members, Community Organizations.
Compensation: $16.63 per hour
Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. is also a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the 15th of May 2023