Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. d/b/a Bublr Bikes
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
Summary and Objective:
Bublr Bikes is the nonprofit bikeshare operator for the bikeshare equipment located in Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, and West Allis, Wisconsin. Bublr’s mission is to deliver a sustainable, excellent bikeshare system for all.
Bublr’s funding streams roughly breakdown to 33% User Revenue, 33% Grants and Public Support, and 33% Sponsorship and Event revenue. The main contributions of the Development Director’s role, and the tasks for which they will act as the lead staff person on, will be twofold. First, the Development Director will be responsible for maintaining and growing the “Sponsorship and Event” portion of the funding stream. Second, the Development Director will be responsible for identifying and growing additional revenue streams. Potential areas for growth include individual giving, small donor donations, and providing paid consulting services. The Development Director may also be expected to help with grant pursuits as time allows.
Given that Bublr is a small, local, nonprofit it is also important that potential applicants are passionate about bikeshare, love their work, and are willing to pitch in as a team member when the organization needs “all hands-on deck.” For instance, this may mean that when it snows beyond the means of operational staff, our office staff including the Development Director will offer to pitch in to shovel out stations. During particularly busy peak summer weekends, we may all help cover the overflow of operational tasks to help perpetuate the desired user experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop targeted sponsorship proposals to send to appropriate organizations.
- Research potential corporate partnerships and build revenue from corporate support.
- Ensure delivery of sponsorship assets at every level of each project through closely working with other Bublr Staff.
- Expand Bublr’s membership, individual giving, and major donations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Bublr events, such as the Bublr Bash.
- Consistently use appropriate software to track leads, outreach, cultivation, and outcome of development activities.
- Develop and refine appropriate correspondence such as proposals, thank you letters, and program outcome information.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a complete list of every task, activity, or responsibility that may be required for the Development Director. Other tasks, activities, or responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- At least three years of demonstrated success in nonprofit development.
- A proven track record of cultivating and implementing sponsorship plans.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to move between tasks and priorities on a daily basis.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to flawlessly communicate through excellent oral and written communication skills. Including strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse external stakeholders.
- Comfort working in a small, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Flexible and resourceful working style.
- Google Suite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee may be required to repeatedly lift a Bublr Bike. The employee may be required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics include working in an open office environment that is shared with staff engaged in mechanical work, and outdoors. Local, statewide, and national travel may be required. High level of public contact. Work may include high volume or tight deadlines.
Internal Contacts: Executive Director, Board, Lead Creative, Operations Team, and Volunteers
External Contacts: Public, Corporations, Community Agencies, Government Agencies, Members, Prospective Donors, and Media.
Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000 salary depending on experience and prior successes. Bublr offers a competitive benefits package.
Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. is also a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of May 2023