We hope that this newsletter finds you all healthy and embracing the little moments of “sunshine” in your daily routines. While April has been a challenging month in Wisconsin, and abroad, the good news is that with a new month on the horizon, the weather this weekend is supposed to be beautiful.
As many are juggling homeschooling, working remotely, and trying to stay on top of the latest developments there are a few constants. We are in constant awe of the generosity in our communities. The helpers from the mask makers (working tirelessly to protect public servants, healthcare workers, and the most vulnerable in our communities) to the commitment and selflessness of our healthcare workers and other essential workers from the grocery store workers, to the garbage collectors and postal workers – we are all indebted to you. Thank you!
On a very personal note, Bublr just received a gift of locally-made cloth facemasks from Tammy Davies. Thank you so much for thinking of us, mom 😉
In this newsletter we’ll run through a COVID-19 update, Giving Tuesday Now, rider feedback, and an update on the Bublr Bash. Please follow all elements of the Safer at Home order, and stay safe out there.
Per Governor Evers’ Safer at Home Order, bikeshare is an essential transportation service and Bublr has continued operating during the pandemic.
Bublr believes it is important to stay open during this time for two reasons:
- Bublr remains a safer transportation option for essential travel than other modes of transportation such as bus travel, streetcar travel, or rideshare / taxi travel.
- Riding a bike is a good way to engage in outdoor activity to reduce stress, improve mental health, and boost the immune system – all while complying with physical distancing requirements.
Bublr is also working to ensure that now, more than ever, bikeshare is an affordable and accessible option, both for transportation and exercise during this pandemic by offering:
- 50% off 30-Day passes for the duration of the Safer at Home order use code: Spring2020
- $5 ($25 off) 30-Day passes for Essential Workers for the duration of the Safer at Home order. bit.ly/MKEHeros
Bublr staff is engaged in additional cleaning procedures of the touchpoints on the bikes and kiosks, but remember, these surfaces will only be clean until the next person touches them. Although the risk of COVID-19 transmission associated with bikeshare is extremely low, please follow the following guidelines to keep yourself and other riders safe during this pandemic:
- DO NOT USE BUBLR IF YOU ARE SICK or have been in contact with someone who is.
- Only use Bublr for trips allowed under the Safer at Home Order, such as going to work for essential businesses, grocery shopping, getting medical supplies, or outdoor recreation that complies with physical distancing requirements.
- Use the Bcycle App to avoid touching any more surfaces than necessary
- Wash or sanitize your hands before using the system.
- Maintain six feet of distance from others at all times.
- Wear a mask (or cloth covering) and gloves if possible.
- Avoid touching your face while riding.
- Wash their hands as soon as you arrive at your destination.
It probably goes without saying, but we will be rescheduling our 3rd Annual Bublr Bash Fundraiser from May 7th to sometime this fall. We look forward to seeing you all in person when it is again safe to do so.
Giving Tuesday Now
While many Milwaukeeans consider biking a fun/relaxing activity, a good portion of our riders use Bublr as one of their primary modes of transit for getting to the grocery store, to their essential jobs. While others use Bublr as a way to get in their 30 minutes of daily exercise. Now, more than ever, Bublr is an essential service to our community.
For the foreseeable future, we are maintaining a higher frequency of cleaning in our office, at the tech repair stations, and station kiosks. We have a new schedule for our operations team that ensures only 1 person is in the shop at a time. Our other team members are working remotely.
Although Bublr is staying open during this time, our ridership and sponsorship are both much lower than normal. If you are able, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Bublr Bikes, Milwaukee’s nonprofit bikeshare operator. #GivingTuesdayNow
Your donation will help Bublr continue to provide affordable access to transportation in Greater Milwaukee.
Thank you for your support.
To Donate today visit: https://bublrbikes.org/donate
Bublr is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Thank you to everyone who filled out our rider survey, this quarter, to let us know how we can be better. We received so many messages of thanks & Support for what we are doing. Thank you!
“I ended up in Milwaukee with canceled events due to the Corona virus and was able to experience the city with your bike it was great.” – Brett R. 3/13/20
“Great way to get out and moving during the COVID-19 pandemic. Just take a lysol wipe with to wipe it down and you’re good to go! Great to bike to the grocery store.” – Regan B. 4/8/20
“Enjoyed the ride along the lake with friends while maintaining social distancing during COVID 19 safer areas home order.” – Anonymous 4/11/20
“Covid isolation and furlough from work got me back on a bike! Beautiful spring days to begin again!” – Simon 4/18/20