Bublr Bikes is a nonprofit bikeshare operator that works in partnership with local municipalities, businesses and supporters to provide bikeshare to the community through automated stations. The Sponsorship Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to secure sponsorship of bikes, stations, and events. This includes developing new relationships, fostering new relationships and supporting the Executive Director in other fund development-oriented tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to Assess Bublr’s need for grants and sponsorships.
- Develop targeted sponsorship proposals to send to appropriate organizations.
- Research potential corporate partnerships and projects.
- Create and implement plans to attain sponsorship from different grant providers.
- Implement sponsorship strategies in order to achieve revenue goals.
- Ensure appropriate delivery of sponsorship programs at every level of each project.
- Seek new sponsorship by taking referrals and searching for different avenues.
- Work with the Executive Director to negotiate agreements with sponsors.
- Ensure that sponsors are integrated into as many aspects of promotional campaigns as possible.
- Act as a liaison between sponsors and Bublr.
- Work with Operations and Creative Staff to ensure that the delivery of agreed sponsorship benefits.
- Assist in the planning and execution of sponsorship events, such as the Bublr Bash.
- Seek in-kind support from corporations and foundations.
- Develop and organizational tools for tracking opportunities.
- Develop and refine appropriate correspondence such as proposals, thank you letters and program outcome information.
- Be able to communicate Bublr’s goals outcomes, practices, and strategic plan to appropriate audiences.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of cultivating and implementing sponsorship plans.
- Ability to flawlessly communicate through excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management capabilities and the ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects and events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of social media and how to leverage social media tools for fund development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to work with constituents from diverse backgrounds.
- Resourceful, creative, innovative, and flexible.
- Ability to adjust to crisis situations, motivate others, and utilizes effective listening skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
- Willingness work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee may be required to repeatedly lift a bike which weighs 55 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit
and/or stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics include working in normal office environment and outdoors. Local, statewide, and national travel may be required. High level of public contact. Work may include high volume or tight deadlines.
Internal Contacts: Executive Director, Lead Creative, Operations Team, and Volunteers
External Contacts: Public, Corporations, Community Agencies, Government Agencies, and Media.
Compensation: $40,000 – $50,000 salary depending on experience and prior successes. Bublr also offers health insurance.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 15th.
Midwest Bikeshare, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.